5 Easy Ways To Boost The Value Of Your Home
Most homes are bought with investment and a future sale in mind. The trick to getting the most from your property purchase is to maximize the value of your property while you’re still the resident. There are several important steps you can take to improve your home, boosting its value and guaranteeing a big profit when the time eventually comes to sell. Follow these tips and watch the value of your home skyrocket.
- Work on the landscaping. Many homeowners take on expensive home improvement products to improve the value of their property while neglecting one of the most important spaces of all – their garden. Beautiful landscaping and an expansive yard space can make all the difference when prospective buyers come to look around, so take the time to clear weeds, plant flowers and keep trees and bushes carefully pruned.
- Invest in green technology. The future is green, so make sure that your home is keeping up with the times. Installing solar energy panels, green water heaters, and other energy-saving utilities to keep your property up to date with the latest in environmental technology.
- Enhance your curb appeal. First impressions are key when property sales are involved. Take an objective look at your home from a street view perspective, and consider what improvements could be made to boost the positive features of your property’s external appearance. A fresh coat of paint could make a major difference, while sprucing up the landscaping around your front yard or driveway might add a few figures to your asking price.
- Focus on the kitchen. If you only have the cash to invest in remodelling one area of your home, make it the kitchen. Kitchens are crucial to homebuyers, and an outdated, unattractive kitchen could definitely knock figures from your property value. Update the paint on your cabinets, make sure the flooring is in good condition, opt for stylish metallic finishes, or add an interesting feature like an island in the kitchen centre to add extra appeal. Unique lighting features can also make an impact, so get creative with your kitchen décor.
- Get an appraisal. An expert real estate agent will be able to give you useful guidance on the current value of your property, and steps you can take to improve its value before you decide to sell. Book a consultation with O’Brien Real Estate for a thorough appraisal so that you know exactly where you stand on the market. We’ll make sure you maximise your profits and get the sale you’re looking for.