Terms and Conditions for Competitions and Giveaways
Full Terms and Conditions
OBrien $10,000 Flight Centre Voucher.
The Promoter is OBrien Corporate Pty Ltd (ABN 12 862 303 950) of Suite 2, Waterman Centre,1341 Dandenong Road, Level 2, UL40, Chadstone, VIC 3148 Telephone 03 8564 81162 or 0416 057 871.
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail?
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all Australian Residents over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of OBrien Real Estate and their associated companies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry in order to be eligible to enter the competition.
- OBrien Real Estate reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency and proof property ownership at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of OBrien Real Estate. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
- Competitions commence on 1st July 2022 and run through until 31 October 2022. Entries must be received by OBrien Corporate prior to the competition close dates of.
- OBrien Real Estate accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to enter
- Sign up for a sale or lease appraisal and you will go in a draw to win a $10,000 flight centre voucher.
- All appraisals must be entered in our system via our website obrienrealestate.com.au by 31st of October 2022 11:59pm. Winner will be announced by 12pm on Monday the 7th of November 2022.
- Entries will be lodged on behalf of the client by the appraising agent
- OBrien reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses.
Number of Entries permitted
- Only one entry and 1 specified entrant for each property will be permitted in the competition draw. Draw and Notification of winner
- The winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be drawn by a OBrien Real Estate Corporate representative by random draw, at OBrien Corporate Pty Ltd at Suite 2, Waterman Centre,1341 Dandenong Road, Level 2, UL40, Chadstone, VIC 3148 at 12pm Monday 7th November 2022.
- The winner will be notified by phone and email within 24 hours of the draw.
- The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the OBrien Real Estate. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to OBrien Real Estate Corporate.
Prize on offer
- 1st prize $10,000 flight centre voucher which can be used for the winner to book a holiday anywhere in the world.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by OBrien Real Estate in its absolute discretion.
- All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of OBrien Real Estate Corporate Pty Ltd.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, OBrien Real Estate reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of OBrien Real Estate corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. OBrien Real Estate will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- OBrien Real Estate and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of OBrien Real Estate, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- If the prizes is unavailable, for whatever reason, OBrien Real Estate reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- OBrien Real Estate reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
26. In consideration for OBrien Real Estate awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with OBrien Real Estate or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout Australia and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, OBrien Real Estate may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- OBrien Real Estate does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and OBrien Real Estate shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. OBrien Real Estate is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- OBrien Real Estate reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who OBrien Real Estate has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
- All entries become the property of the OBrien Real Estate. OBrien Real Estate collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.