A multiple REIV award winning company.
Founded in 2010, the REIV award winning OBrien Real Estate is well known for top producing local agents backed by a strong network of motivated professionals driven to succeed. OBrien Real Estate prides itself on offering the finest in customer service.
We consistently utilise the best real estate trainers to improve our skills which in turn delivers great results. Our directors are consistently involved with day to day business, providing support and guidance.
From one single office with a handful of staff, we have actively grown the business in a relatively short period of time, to be one of Victoria’s most forward-thinking and progressive real estate networks.
With a holistic approach to what we do, every OBrien Real Estate team member is encouraged and supported to lead a balanced lifestyle as well as being given opportunities to give back to the community.
The OBrien difference.
34 offices with 1 in Cairns in Qld.
213 in sales & 68 in property management.
20,119 sales since founded in 2010.
Our Average Clearance Rate in 2021 is 92%.
Homes is $912,500 and Units is $610,500.
Industry leading results, with an average of 24 days.
Industry benchmark results with 1.8% vacancy.
We manage and serve over 12,012 properties.
Across our network we speak 35 different Languages.
It was actually quite an emotional sale, Obrien just really cared about us as a family, they just made it completely easy, it felt like we were dealing with some family friends.
Once we came across OBrien Real Estate, we just gelled and we trusted them, they always delivered what they promised they would.
Well I felt a good level of trust, real investment from their side. The auctioneer together with the director and sales consultants really worked well together.
I trust OBrien Real Estate, everytime I sold or purchased, the agent was 10/10. Their advice has always helped me make the right decision.
We were very pleasantly surprised, and I think we’re still in shock, because we weren’t expecting what we’re getting and it exceeded the dream price.
They had a passion for what they were doing, not just for us but with other customers or clients, they related their experiences to us.
Request a market appraisal
Method of sale.
Advantages of going to auction.
- Competitive bidding, which means there is no price limit.
- A more definite sale, with a 10% deposit paid, 100% unconditional sale with no cooling off period.
- Auction works to a plan, the marketing strategy is carefully thought out and a firm date is set for the potential sale.
- Generally means a faster transaction as campaigns run for 4 weeks.
- No back and forth negotiating like in a private sale between seller and buyer.
Advantages of a private sale
- Vendors can set a price at which the property is to be offered.
- Buyers offers can be considered at leisure by the seller.
- The pace of negotiations can be controlled by the seller as opposed to auction day.
- Buyers may feel more comfortable that there is a cooling-off period.
- The intention to sell by this method is to sell without ever conducting an auction.
- This method of sale can be used during periods of market disruption. For example; holiday periods.
- It can be used as a lead time prior to setting the auction date, and can also assist with feedback from potential purchasers to assist with setting the price guide advertised to market.
Closing date sale
- A property advertised as a “closing date sale” means the property is being sold by tender process.
- Interested buyers in the property submit a written offer to the selling agent before the closing date specified.
Exclusive to OBRE.
Sell your home to targeted ready buyers”. An off-market sale is strictly a 21-day process. It’s when a property is sold with minimal marketing to our local buyer database and through our exclusive off-market channel on obre.com.au. We sell a considerable amount of property using this method before it goes to the open market saving you time and money.
Buyers are specifically matched to your property using our latest database matching technology. Quite often this can result in higher selling prices as buyers rush to secure the property before it goes live to the open market. At the expiration of this 21-day process and if the property remains unsold, the next step in the process is to move to a tailored marketing approach to the open market, expanding the reach in finding the right buyer for your home.
How to make a great first impression.
First impressions often stick with a buyer and you need to take an objective look at your property. Many buyers will view your property from the street or when driving by. A
Also they will be using the front door, when you might always use the back entrance to your home. Change your perspective when it comes to the first impressions of your home and seriously consider the practical opinions of those you value (including your real estate agent, family and friends or a professional decorator).
First impressions are everything and some prospective buyers may lose interest in your property for reasons you may not have even noticed.
How to create the right atmosphere.
Presentation combined with the right atmosphere will set the scene for that feeling when the property “just feels right”, regardless of all the practical reasons why a buyer actually likes the property.
The sense of smell is a powerful one and the aroma of freshly baked bread, recently brewed coffee and a freshly baked cake will conjure up a feeling of warmth and comfort.
These familiar aromas will also play an equally important role in neutralising unpleasant scents and pet odours.
Should I spend money on my home to maximise its selling price?
We advise clients not to spend too much on renovating their homes prior to selling. However, some additions and improvements are well worth the spend.
Major works might not be in your budget but minor changes to the garden landscape or replacing an old fence can make a significant difference and not break the budget. Our professional team at OBrien Real Estate can guide you in regards to possible improvements to your property in preparation for sale.
Marketing to maximise the price you achieve.
One of the most important factors of a successful sales campaign is the marketing plan.
Creating a marketing plan that reaches all local active buyers, as well as finding those passive and out of area buyers can have a big impact on your selling price. A strong property marketing plan could include:
- Professional photography, copy writing, floor plan, video
- Digital advertising
- Internet portals
- Newspapers, magazines, editorial
- Drop cards and property brochures
- Email to agent’s database